/

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two Out of Three?

Feeling the effects of a couple of days worth of insomnia and strange revelations, I decided to settle in on the couch and take a little nap. I don't usually remember my dreams and, moreover, I don't usually say anything about them to anyone... because they're never interesting at all, except to the dreamer. I'm going to break that rule for a moment, because this dream just left me scratching my head.

In my dream, I decided to take a nap on my couch (yeah, I know... original, right?) and was awakened by a knock at the door. Opening the door, I discovered one of my ex-boyfriends standing there, asking that I take him back. For some reason, I didn't hesitate and said, "You know that I never hold grudges. Of course I will!" I then took him into my arms and thus began a period of excitement, travel, creativity and silly humor.

Then one day, we both decided to take a nap on two separate couches (my brain was stuck in a rut, okay?) and I was awakened by another knock at the door. When I opened my eyes and looked around, my ex-boyfriend was gone from the couch and I just accepted that he was no longer in my life, as if the previous moments before had all been part of my dream (this is all still part of my *actual* dream today, mind you). I went to the door and found that it was yet another ex-boyfriend of mine standing there, looking forlorn, and begging that I take him back.

Feeling full of deja-vu, I repeated what I'd said to the first ex with slightly more incredulity, "You know that I never hold grudges. Of course I will?" Next thing I know, we're in bed together, wrapped up in glorious post-whatever splendor, and he then decides to pull out a pipe and smoke it. And although the pipe was perfectly pleasant and acceptable, he simply felt that the pipe alone was not impressive enough, so he proceeded to stuff a cigar into the pipe bowl and smoke that through the pipe as well. (Uh yeah, calling Dr. Freud.)

Although thoroughly confused by this, I accepted it and thought to myself, "Well, this makes 2 out of 3 exes. Guess I know who's next!" And with that, I decided to leave my lover in the bed and take yet another nap on the couch.

That's when finally I woke up in real life, because a rather large dog had decided to climb on top of me and join my formerly-comfy nap.

Two out of three? Who was I thinking would be the third?

It's been a weird week.

No comments:

Web Statistics