/

Thursday, August 06, 2009

50 Bands I've Seen in Concert

You've probably seen these floating around Facebook and wherever... I filled mine out a few weeks back, but figured that by posting it here, it would give more stuff with which you might strike up a conversation. So here goes nuthin'...

*****

OK, here are the rules. Test your memory and your love of live music by listing 50 artists or bands (or as many as you can remember) you’ve seen in concert. List the first 50 acts that come into your head.

1. Tom Waits
2. Unknown Hinson
3. TV on the Radio
4. The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players
6. Jane's Addiction
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers
8. Prince
9. Morris Day and the Time
10. Sheila E.
11. Ready for the World
12. Hoodoo Gurus
13. Guatalcanal Diary
14. Peter Murphy
15. Love & Rockets
16. Midnight Oil
17. Devo
18. Lords of the New Church
19. Gene Loves Jezebel
20. A Flock of Seagulls
21. The Replacements
22. 10,000 Maniacs
23. Til Tuesday
24. Crowded House
25. Drivin' and Cryin'
26. Love Tractor
27. The Swans
28. Cocteau Twins
29. OMD
30. The Psychedelic Furs
31. Book of Love
32. Drive-by Truckers
33. Echo & the Bunnymen
34. The Connells
35. R.E.M.
36. Mice Parade
37. Ministry
38. Nine Inch Nails
39. INXS
40. Mum
41. Smoke
42. Opal Foxx Quartet
43. Public Image Limited
44. Mark Kozelek
45. Sugarcubes
46. Magnapop
47. Ultrababyfat
48. Killing Joke
49. Mazzy Star
50. Rodd Stewart

I know there are many, many more hiding in the dark recesses of my brain, but it hurt to just pull these names out of there. I've probably seen a couple hundred bands live, but they're all tangled up like a sack full of old jewelry. I do like how my brain book-ended it with the last concert that I saw first and the first concert that I saw last.

No comments:

Web Statistics