/

Friday, August 14, 2009

That 15 Movies thing

Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen films you've seen that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall -- they don't have to be the best films of all time.

These are my "I watch them every time I see them as I flip channels" movies. <--That's the note that seems to come with this challenge's rules, but personally, this is both my "tv guilty pleasures" and my "dvd comfort foods" ... if that makes any sense.

1. THE APARTMENT - always my go-to on a bad day. My Jack Lemmon crush never fades.
2. SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES - you wonder how I could have so many dogs? I blame Goldie Hawn.
3. EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED - chokes me up every time. *sniffle*
4. THE THIRD MAN - shadows, canted angles, the theme music, Orson... it just sings to me.
5. ABOUT A BOY - bought in a "cheap" bin on a lark, I just adore this silly movie.
6. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL - so many quotable lines... where do I even begin?
7. STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - just feels like home. Duh!
8. FIGHT CLUB - if it's on, I'm watching it and probably reciting lines.
9. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND - anything written by Charlie Kaufman, really.
10. SINGIN' IN THE RAIN - again, if it's on, I'm watching it... and probably dancing along.
11. PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE - thanks, Mr. Burton. I can't watch BICYCLE THIEVES with a straight face, because of you.
12. WATERSHIP DOWN / THE PLAGUE DOGS - so many moments that molded who I am.
13. THE LAST UNICORN - Rankin/Bass and unicorns?! A child of the 70s dream come true!
14. THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy - fantasy dork plus a Viggo crush; I'm always in!
15. WHEN HARRY MET SALLY / SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE / YOU'VE GOT MAIL - busted! I just can't seem to turn the channel, yet I'd never put either in the dvd player, nor did I see them in the theater. Damn you, Nora Ephron!!! My XX chromosomes are somewhat to blame, too.

No comments:

Web Statistics