/

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Down for the Count

So I fractured my coccyx the other day (yes, I broke my butt). It happened when it was raining and my old front porch gets as slippery as a boat dock... feet went right out from under me, shoes flying, purse scattered, keys in the mud... and me, bouncing the whole way down (about 8 steps) on my ass. Now I can't sit, stand or even lay down without extreme pain. Getting in and out of the car is a real joy. And who knew we used our butt muscles when we sneeze or laugh?! Man, this hurts. I can expect recovery time to take 6-8 weeks, with possible residual pain lasting some unknown length of time after that.

In other words, don't expect me to be readily accepting dates any time soon, even if you do offer to carry my inflatable ass donut.

2 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

that definitely bites! sorry to hear it. hope you recover soon.

Unknown said...

Six to eight weeks for the fracture to heal... unfortunately, residual pain could last up to a year.

Web Statistics