/

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Engine Engine #9



Over on that Facebook thingy, a friend of mine played one of those old numbers games -- "tell X number of things about yourself, and pass it along -- so I played along. I was given the number 9, so I'm going ahead and passing it along here, too. Without further ado, here's 9 facts you might not know about me:

1. I don't talk much. People who only know me either online or one-on-one are always surprised to find this out. But I'm actually very, very quiet.




2. The quiet doesn't mean nothing's going on inside. On the contrary, I'm usually having elaborate tales and conversations inside my head, which helps to drown out all the excessive talking others do around me. If I don't hear what you say the first time, it's usually because I was listening to something else inside my head.




3. I really do like bacon, unicorns, and Star Wars as much as it seems. I just don't have as much bacon and unicorns in my daily life. Star Wars is ever-present, however.




4. I don't have any tattoos, but I came very close to getting a giant Mothra tattooed across my back about a decade ago -- had the money saved and everything. Then I realized I could go on a really neat vacation instead of getting some skin art, so I did that.




5. I've had a lifelong crush on Jack Lemmon that has never abated. The crush may have even kept me from being in serious, long-term relationships throughout my 30s. (No, I do not make Scott compensate by reciting lines from Some Like It Hot or dressing in drag. Speaking of drag...)




6. My "thing" for beards is really just an overgrown (pardon the pun) fascination with something I can't do/have myself. I don't actually want one -- especially not after wearing one for half the day this past Halloween. Itchy and sweaty! How do you beardy gents do it?




7. I have a mild, but visible phobia of escalators. I'll take the stairs or an elevator every chance I can instead of getting on one of those. When there are no other options, you may see me do a little hesitant two-step as I get on, and freeze before getting off in a way that makes me stumble as my feet hit the end.




8. I have a mild fear of elevators, too, but only when they're crowded. It's actually the people that give me the discomfort, not the small, falling box. This has made riding the bus and train very difficult for me, but I'm using it as a challenge to stay focused.




9. According to my mother, I was likely conceived at the drive-in. Pretty remarkable, considering that it was early March in Chicago ... a little too briskies for friskies, you'd think!

This entry has been brought to you by Wilson Pickett, the number nine, and random image searches for combinations of the words: unicorn, bacon, star wars, jack lemmon, beard, mothra.




No comments:

Web Statistics