/

Friday, July 14, 2006

The saddest puppy dog in the world

Ufa just came in from a romp outside, and she was hanging her head low like she was ashamed of something. I thought maybe she'd been digging holes again, except she wasn't all orangey-colored from the Georgia clay. It wasn't until she laid down next to a window that I saw what she was hiding...



ufa-stung2
"I wish I could quit you, bees."


Her whole left side of her face is swollen. Again.

Ouch.


UPDATE 8:30 PM: Just 5 hours later, you'd think the painful lesson would still be fresh in her mind, but nooooo...

ufa-stung-more
"You shoulda seen the other guy."


She had to go hunt down that nest ONE MORE TIME. And no, that's not her blinking or sleeping, mind you... that's as far as she can open both of her eyes now that she tangled with the stingers a second time. My guess is that she must've found yellow jackets or wasps, because I can't find any stingers stuck in her. I still have no idea where in my big backyard the nest is, but she's doing a great job resembling a prize fighter. I'm glad we don't have any porcupines here, or I'm sure she'd meet this same fate:

dogmeetsporcupine

No comments:

Web Statistics