/

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Uh...

There's this guy who's been stalking my OkCupid profile and journals every day, and has said almost nothing, which is somehow really creepy to me... especially when you see the pictures of him.

The biggest problem with OkC is that when you upload a new photo, a teeny, tiny thumbnail of it goes on the homepage of all people who are looking for someone like you. (In my case, all the photos are of single males who like women.) Why is this a problem? Because of what I previously mentioned... that if you click on someone's profile, you then show up in their list of recent "stalkers" and then they can go check out your goods. The worst part of that whole deal is that when an image is tiny, it often looks interesting or innocuous until you open it up full size and your blood runs cold.

That's what happened with this guy. One of his images was in the cropped, tiny thumbnail square and he was in my age group, so I clicked. My mistake, because it invited the following email:


From: Thorgrym (610 miles)
To: theshecreature
Date: Aug 26 7:37am
Subject: Don't take this wrong...

I won't lie; I was initially curious because you "Stalked" me. So few have done that that I'm forced by my insatiable curiosity to find out more.

But, having done that, I find you witty, charming and fun to read.

Yes, and I find you beautiful, as well, but that is a secondary consideration.

I'm overcoming my shyness to send this--contrary to popular belief, the 'Net does not lessen shyness; it merely reinforces the negative aspects of it by giving one a false sense of security--only in the hopes of one thing: giving you a bit more hope in life.

I expect nothing in return. No communication, nothing. If all I have done is helped you a little bit by complimenting you on your charms, that's good enough for me.

There are far, far too many people out there who do not know their worth. I suspect you may be one of them.

Take care,

Thorgrim





37M, York, Pennyslvania
65% match 72% friend 22% enemy

*shudder*

I'm thinking he's probably an overly handsy gym teacher or he likes to hang out in parks around the swing sets.

No comments:

Web Statistics