/

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Fill me up, Buttercup.



So it's been exactly six months now. Yeah, six months of having everything get back to normal. Signs of that strange, cohabitating year have steadily disappeared as life moves on. Barely a trace left... well, that is with the exception of one big thing:

The empty armoire.

I had completely forgotten that I'd painstakingly emptied one of my two bedroom armoires to make room for him back in June of '08. I see it every day and think nothing of it being completely bare inside, because I never think to open it. Until today. When I opened it, I was shocked at the emptiness that I saw. Felt a little like opening and peeking around my heart, actually.

So now I am in the process of filling it back up again, with all manner of things that I love... and only with things that I love. Each item that I put inside, I ask myself, "Do I truly love this?" And if the answer isn't a resounding "Yes!" then I toss it aside, to be given away to someone who can use or appreciate it.

It's a big project, and it might take me a day or two to finish, but it feels really good.

1 comment:

Bachelor #1 said...

I have the same problem - an empty closet. It feels VERY strange to put anything in it.

Web Statistics