/

Friday, January 26, 2007

If you lived closer...

...And we were able to go to the movies together, then you would have seen the sight that I just saw as I left the theatre.

A man with a completely maniacal look in his eyes walked past, headed into the theatre, and in his hand were two large marbles that he was furiously clacking together.

Now normally when I'm alone, I catch the 10:00 movies, and thus have the drunk and disorderly crowd to contend with... but perhaps because I was with friends this time, their better fortune and catching an earlier showing helped me to narrowly avoid being trapped in the "lucky" audience who gets saddled with that OCD-addled nutcase.

"175, 176, 177... just 1000 clacks and everything will be okay... 178, 179..."

I imagine someone's going to get punched tonight -- either Mr. Bizarro for not stopping the clacking when he's told, or whoever attempts to take away his marbles.

But damn, that oughta be one helluva movie! Heck, just seeing that guy after our film made it better.

We saw The Queen.

Tomorrow it's Letters from Iwo Jima with another friend.

And God willing, there will be a freak there, too!

No comments:

Web Statistics