/

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Come down from where?

Yesterday I traveled to Athens and, on my journey there, a large falcon flew across my path, directly in front of my windshield and narrowly missing my vehicle. As it passed, it turned its head to keep its eyes directly on me. It was so close that I could see its individual feathers and hear the beat of its wings.

While in Athens, I met several kindered spirits and felt as though I had the easiest time just being me... easier than I've possibly ever felt around other living souls... all of it natural, comfortable, beautiful. A dozen hours spent in places I'd never been before and every last second of it was just so... easy.

drink-lite


On my way home less than an hour ago, I had been driving along a darkened highway for quite some time when I suddenly spotted a deer standing by the side of the highway, alone in the darkness. I have no idea how it caught my eye, as it blended in so well that it appeared as a ghostly contrast of its outline and the glisten of its eyes and nose. I was traveling at 65 mph and had no chance to think, but instinctively I veered slightly to give it some space and attempted to slow down as I passed. Rather than being startled, the deer made eye contact with me and held it in the serenest of ways.

A minute or so later along that same highway, I spotted a billboard... although out of the corner of my eye it only appeared as white letters floating against a black sky. And in that same instant, I laughed aloud.

God-billboard


And to think, some people keep going to church every week in hopes of feeling this way.

No comments:

Web Statistics