/

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Taxation

I started doing my taxes at 11:30 PM.

I just finished at 3:30 AM, 4 hours later.

And to think, there once was a time when I loved doing this.

My other accomplishment today: I slept for 15 hours. Not straight... I slept from 9 PM to 1 AM on Friday night on the couch, then stayed up until 5 AM watching cartoons on TBS; then I slept for another 11 hours in my bed and woke up sometime after 4 PM Saturday afternoon.

I had good reason, I'd stayed up the whole night before shooting 3 reels of footage (3 - 40 min DVcam tapes, roughly 13 small 8MM reels on each) and fighting with 2 ornery projectors and losing several feet of footage to burning and other damage... funny how most of my filmmaking involves use of a screwdriver and tweezers to remove the broken celluloid from inside the projector housing.

So the 15 hours of sleep, when thought of in relation to my total lack of sleep the night before, actually equal a more normal amount of sleep that I almost never get: 7.5 hours per night. I just slammed it all together for a marathon, that's all. But now I feel completely disassociated from the rest of living civilization... more like a living zombie. And now that I've done my taxes, I feel disenfranchised as well. I'm also flat broke, but the state seems to think that I owe them $421. Ugh.

To end on a positive note, at least I'm regular.

No comments:

Web Statistics