/

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Letting the Right One In

Several months ago, I began reading Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction books on the Art of Allowing and discovered one particular tome that offered practical exercises to help you focus your ability to attract what you really want.

One exercise involved filling a box with cut-outs from magazines and wherever of all the things that make your heart sing. On the box, you write: "Whatever is contained in this box... IS!" As you place the items in the box, you say aloud that statement with the same enthusiasm with which that item fills you. Another exercise involved attracting a mate by writing a list of all of the attributes that bring you love, joy and attraction with a partner.

I decided that I liked both of these exercises and so, late one night in June, I wrote my list and placed it in an envelope that boldly reads "Abundance is flowing into my life!!!" Then I wedged that envelope carefully into the lid of the box, so that I could see those words every time I opened the lid.

Although I wasn't sure if it would work, I did like the feeling that the box gave me. It has been sitting in my bedroom for around 5 months now. I give it a pat from time to time as I pass by; sometimes I pause to lift the lid just to peek inside, speak those magic words aloud again, and smile. I haven't revisited that list in these past months, however... until now.

I am not posting this as a way of saying, "See! It worked," because I am indeed still single. Rather, I'm posting in a moment of delicious-feeling vibes and bountiful optimism about the future. And since this is essentially my digital scrapbook, what better way to capture this moment than to revisit the list.

I can't explain any of the reasons behind any of the descriptors, except to say that they were coming from personal experiences and memories of contrast in previous relationships, which caused me to desire these qualities in a mate... and in myself, as well. This is not for anyone's amusement, but if it makes you laugh, that's fine by me. Laughter is good medicine and I whole-heartedly welcome it.

06/10/10 @ 1:35 AM

The Right Man for Me...
  • Has had many life experiences to make him well-rounded.
  • Has to have his own healthy sense of spirituality that does not conflict with mine.
  • Has to have a healthy sense of self that he has spent/is actively spending time getting to know, to allow and evolve. 
  • Has to love animals, especially dogs, and should preferably even own a dog or two. 
  • Has to respect what it means for me to be a parent; would help if he were one, too. 
  • Has to have a desire for living a healthier life and is already working on that himself. 
  • Has to already believe in meditation and has his own practice, while still being masculine. 
  • Has to have a good sense of humor that matches my own, ability to laugh at the absurd. 
  • Has to be seeking joy in his daily life. 
  • Has to love nature and know its healing effects. 
  • Has to have a good overlapping love of music and movies with me. 
  • Has to understand why science & art are both important, and a desire to explore & create. 
  • Has to be a little more emotional than me and allow me to be more grounding. 
  • Has to be good at fixing things, or good at gardening, or cooking, or all of the above. 
  • Has to love only me with all of his heart & being, and has to respect me with all of his soul. 
  • Has to enjoy sex as much as I do and has to have similar, matching desires to mine. 
  • Has to be intelligent and enjoy reading and/or researching new ideas. 
  • Has to have curiosity about the world. 
  • Has to also have compassion for others. 
  • Has to have Liberal ideals and getting more Liberal (politically) all the time.
  • Has to understand when I need some alone time; has healthy boundaries. 
  • Has to also love doing things with me the rest of the time. 
  • Has to be able to talk about or write about his feelings and know the importance of overcoming differences and focusing on the similarities/common ground. 
  • Has to help me realize my greatest potential and I help him realize his; together, we are each greater than we are apart.
  • Has found his connection with Source and his Higher-Self, and knows how to step in and out of the Vortex whenever he sees fit ... and knows how fun it is! 
    ended @ 2:20 AM

    No comments:

    Web Statistics