/

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Mother of the Year, I’m not

In what can only be considered a terrible bit of irony, I forgot to wish my oldest child a happy 14th birthday today. I am calling it irony, because just 2 days ago, I'd rented 16 Candles from Netflix and my younger two and I were watching it, while Aidan was at his friend's house playing Halo 3... and perhaps thankfully so, he has no clue that his 14th birthday just mirrored Molly Ringwald's character's 16th birthday. Okay, so there's no older sibling marrying an "oily variety beau-hunk" and no romantic interest and no grandparents visiting (actually, my mother and father did both call tonight, but my ringer was turned off)... but I did just pay him a visit in his room and quietly apologized to him for forgetting it was his birthday. If it was the first time, I'd just be forgetful... unfortunately, this is like the 4th time in his life that I've done this, making me feel pretty negligent. On the bright side, he should have plenty to talk about with his therapist some day.

No comments:

Web Statistics